- Department of Ocean and Mechanical Engineering
- 777 Glades Road, EE 309
- Boca Raton, FL 33431-0991
- p: 561.297.2633
- Ph.D., Acoustics, Institute of Sound & Vibration Research, University of Southampton, England, 1979
- M.Sc., Sound and Vibration, University of Southampton, England, 1974
- B.Sc., (Hons) in Engineering Science, University of Southampton, England, 1972
- Aero Acoustics
- Fan Noise
- Underwater Sound Propagation
- Passive Sonar
- Noise Source Location
Research SiteCenter for Acoustics and Vibrations
Current Research Funding
- The Response of a Rotor to Transient Inflows: Analytical Study
- Office of Naval Research
- S. Glegg, (PI) with W. Davenport and N. Alexander, Virginia Tech, and; M. Wang, University of Notre Dame
- Alexander N, Devenport W, and Glegg, S., "Noise from a rotor ingesting a thick boundary layer and relations to measurements of ingested turbulence", Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 409 (2017), pp. 227-240.
- Ian A. Clark, W. Nathan Alexander, William Devenport, Stewart Glegg, Justin W. Jaworski, Conor Daly, and Nigel Peake. "Bioinspired Trailing-Edge Noise Control", AIAA Journal, Vol. 55, No. 3 (2017), pp. 740-754. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.J055243
- I.A. Clark, C.A. Daly, W. Devenport, W.N. Alexander, N. Peake, J.W. Jaworski, S. Glegg, Bio-inspired canopies for the reduction of roughness noise, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 385 (2016) 33-54.
Stewart Glegg and William Devenport, "Aeroacoustics of Low Mach Number Flows," Academic Press, March 2017.